Saturday, February 23, 2008

Car, stairs and other bits of progress

In my normal one step forward two steps back mode, with a little bit of patience, things here turn right in the end.
I have completed the required forms for the insurance, and am assured by the garage that they will cover everything and that the car should be back in one piece in no time, without it costing me a penny.
The stairs, are, I see on my trip to Marche this weekend, unbelievably now finished. There is a distinct wobble to them once I removed the masking tape from the painting, but I think this just adds to their charm. After all it is not often that you get to have an addition to your house that is useful, architecturally pleasing and musical at the same time!
I am loading up the car tomorrow with armfulls of useful clobber that I can bring from Marche to Florence to the new apartment, which is currently furnished more in street style - as in person who lives on the street, and not actually in any way trendy. All of my possessions are scattered in plastic bags around the place in lieu of an emergency Ikea run to stock up on some furniture!
But slowly, slowly, I think there is progress...

No comments: