Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lenny Live

Lenny Kravitz live in Pistoia was a must-do event. I've been listening to Lenny since I was about 15, and the thought of seeing him live in the open air surrounded by ancient buildings at the end of a hot summer's day in Italy was too good to miss!
I don't know the ratio of women to men in the crowd (high, to few) but there were many of us who appreciated Lenny's very obvious musical abilities alongside his other obvious qualities! It was a heck of a performance, about 2 1/2 hours and frying hot, but worth it all - even the dash from the plane where I had just landed after my cousin's wedding, and the 1/2 hour search for parking.
Even without lovely Lenny, I suspect that Pistoia would be worth a visit - and ancient town with a beautiful town centre, I have put it on the list of places to return too - although maybe it would have a totally different atmosphere without the African market, selling knock-off cds and Che Guevara t-shirts to drinking and smoking passers-by. It was full of young people and had a great atmosphere - really lively - although that might have been just the festival effect.
Back at the concert, Fly Away, I'll be Waiting, and Are You Gonna Go My Way rang out and reverberated around the Piazza Duomo - and later in the cars as we made our way back to Florence.
Fabulous.

No comments: