Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lunch back at the residence



A Sunday without any plans, and it was a nice surprise when the phone squealed with a message. Marco and Cris, two of the guys that are here at the Company this year, doing internships with us were inviting me for lunch at the residence where I used to live. Marco was the chief cook and bottle-washer and Cris and I tucked into the grub, and the wine, with a vengeance. The meal was almost Chinese, with pork rice and vegetables, and it was a blast from the past sitting looking at the kitchen-drobe and the carpark outside.
Following lunch (yum! well done Marco!) we went for a wander around the city, passing on the way this rather sad-looking just married couple wandering through the streets alone, and arriving at Piazza della Signoria. Whereupon the bride, in the style of one in newly wedded bliss, tucked her large blue hat under her arm and lit up a cigarette - looking more like someone in the local in their jeans that someone who has just got married in such auspicious surroundings.
The day ended with the arrival of Cris' friend from Paris and a few aperitivi / sundowners at Moyo near Santa Croce, where, amongst the various free nibbles on offer, I can recommend the chicken!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahahah, it’s really nice to read this report about the nice afternoon that we shared a couple of months ago. Thanks for the compliments about my cooking skills…I’m even improving little by little!
I just would add 2 “pictures” that I’ve in my mind. The first is about when we were in the Disney Store and u shouted out in the only moment of complete silence:” Actually, I hate cartoons!” Miky Mouse kicked u out of his house!!!
The second is about the strange language that Cris’s friend used to talk when we met her in Mojo. Do u remember it??? Unforgettable! Just in case…let’s have a look to “Rosetta Stone”!!!

Take care
:>))Marco