Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Eating in Slovenia

Sunday night, Monday lunchtime - Slovenia.
Popping over the border for lunch or for dinner is something that I still can't get my head around. Sunday night we went off to Machnic, for ljubljanska and fried cheese washed down with beer.
Monday I had a meeting at school with the ham team for next week's project, then we went off for some lunch in Slovenia (again). This time we just had ham, cheese, bread and olives at an old place over the border near Lipica - the place was named as one of the best traditional restaurants in Slovenia - in 1984! It was a great meal, and a nice way to spend a couple of hours on a sunny Monday.
I am now travelling with my passport to and from school, just in case the need arises to dash over the border!

No comments: