Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Six Nations Saturday

Saturday morning I was at school, working with my new group - The Typhoons - on the Ideal Standard (kitchens and bathrooms) case that we have today.
Saturday afternoon though the work stopped - England were playing Italy in the Six Nations. Having searched my fully comprehensive Trieste database (I asked Chris!) for a pub to watch the rugby on a big screen on Saturday afternoon I drew a blank, so the rugby was on at my house. Not exactly a big screen - more a huddle round the telly sitting on the floor. It was not a fantastic game, and I smiled at the sight of Brian Ashton's face - the new England rugby coach used to coach me rugby when I was at Kings Bruton - and I could see that he was not delighted with the team's performance. I was happy though - the best team won and I had a great time trying to demist the rules of rugby for my non-rugby watching friends.
After the England Italy game, we watched Wales Scotland then - Jenga once more. It turned into quite a party, but huge thanks to Marina who helped me to clean up as we went, it wasn't too horrendous afterwards.

No comments: