Saturday, February 24, 2007

International Cinema

Slovenia again!
This time to see a movie - Breaking and Entering by Anthony Minghella with Jude Law and Juliet Binoche. (I recommend it!)
The bonus of going across the border to see a film is that we can watch it in English - a real treat for me. Its been about 8 months since I saw an English language film on the big screen.
The cinema in Koper is tiny, small but perfectly formed, and we sat in the front row with an unobstructed view so that we could stretch our legs.
Koper - or Capodistria in Italian - is lovely - the old town reminiscent once again of the Venetian conquests, with the lion appearing on the buildings in the main square.
Vlasta asked me to guess the name of the square - I didn't manage to come up with the answer - Tito Square!
We were a bit short of time, so grabbed Slovenian snack food for dinner - Borek - a kind of cheese-filled cornish pasty - very good, but I don't want to know the calorie count!
The border crossing seems more lax every time I go. Now the immigration officers don't even open my passport and we barely slow down as we drive through. I have been tempted on the rare occasions that I don't have my passport on me to take a small notebook and see if that works....

No comments: