Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Minature Muggia


I heard that Muggia was lovely – like a mini Piran (seaside resort in Slovenia – see post from October). So having a Saturday morning to myself I jumped on the bus and went to see for myself.
It certainly is small, but very pretty. There were lots of fishermen, fixing nets and wandering about in wellies. I walked along the promenade, where the ladders attached to the wall behind the benches, combined with a complete lack of people made it look like a modern art installation.
After a seafood lunch, great but expensive, I went for a coffee in the piazza. To give an idea of how small a place this is, while sitting outside soaking up the winter sun I saw a woman dashing across the piazza (now deserted) for a coffee with the foils from her highlights still in her hair – bleach and all!
We will be going back to Muggia in a couple of weeks for their carneval, resplendent in costumes, so expect to see another post in due course!

No comments: