Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Holding my breath...

Allegedly many things will happen this week.
A man popped around yesterday with an electronic tape measure to take the dimensions of the stairs. He says they will be fitted tomorrow..... I can't believe its really true, but lets see...
The documents I need from the tribunale in Macerata are all supposed to be ready to collect on Friday - 3 days processing which is a bureaucratic record!
I hope that the wood I ordered for the fire will arrive - its pretty chilly without it!
But at the same time the weather is supposed to warm up a bit, so maybe by the time it arrives I won't need it!
And someone is coming to talk to me about doing the garden, that they volunteered for!
All very strange, and I am still a little doubtful that so much progress can be made in a week. If the internet is really connected on Tuesday then I might just have to sit down from the shock of it all!
On the culinary front it is also an interesting week. On Sunday I bought a fresh truffle from the market here in Sarnano - I am planning to call around my friends for some recipes later on. And this Sunday I have been invited to a restaurant outside of Communanza which is run by two English guys for a roast dinner.
There is also another culinary experience planned. If the stairs are really installed I plan to invite people round, roast some chestnuts on the fire and hold a stair party! Watch this space!

No comments: