Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Readers

Sometimes when I write the blog it feels as though no-one reads it. It brings back memories of my internship on Hong Kong’s Radio 3 in my first summer at University, when I used to sit in the studio and talk about the things to do in the next few days – the movies, the shows, the exhibitions and so on, and wonder if anyone actually listened. I still remember being amazed when I was in the car coming back from the supermarket and I heard myself doing a book review on air – it made the whole thing feel real somehow.
Well, the same thing has happened now with this blog! I have been corresponding a bit with a journalist called Beniamino based here in Trieste, who found the blog online and wanted to talk with me about it.
So last night I met him and a colleague in Piazza Unita and did a short interview for their web TV station – it will be aired on Thursday night at 7pm. It was amazing talking with people who read what I write as they don’t know me, but know all the things that we have been up to – or at least the ones that make the screen!
I will post the link to the interview as soon as I get it.
Hello to any new readers that surf by as a result!

1 comment:

Hong Kong Merretts said...

I'm seeing a trillion dollar book/film deal. Who are you going to get to play you? Can I be your agent?