Friday, May 25, 2007

Midnight dip





The farewell dinner at Hotel Miramare in Barcola was very moving - with all of us saying a few words about the experience of the course for us. Much laughter all around - and a few tears too! Andrea Tracogna, the head of our course, asked me if I had enjoyed Trieste - I think the answer to that is obvious for readers of this blog! I would recommend Trieste to anyone.
My Mum had sent me a message earlier that said that may anyone that decided on a midnight dip be well insured and well oiled. I am not sure about the former but the latter may well have been true as Tommy, Flavio and Luca took to the water at about 11pm, after the prosecco, the risotto, the sorbet and possibly some of Aki's 80% proof alcohol from Turkey!
The night was concluding, as all good nights do, at Nanut Enoteca but we decided to get some carry out and head down to the Molo (pier). So the stragglers from MBA XVII saw in the early hours of the morning sitting by the water watching the jellyfish float by and drinking champagne. Our attempts to be quiet were not entirely successful - Jan from MIRM who is in a flat overlooking the molo could hear our dulcit tones through the night as he worked on his insurance project.

No comments: