Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Moving - again

I am moving again! I need to once again pack up my things and figure out how to get the logistics sorted to move to first Marche, then Florence to start my new job.
In Hong Kong these things are pretty easy. With one call to Wendy Movers everything can be organised for a few hundred dollars - about 20 Euros.
Here it is substantially more difficult. Maybe because people don't move around so much, or maybe because Italy is so much bigger than Hong Kong.
But for whatever reason the guy that arrived this morning to see how many things I had in order to give me a quote to move the things to Marche was disctinctly unimpressed. He told me just to hire a car and move the things myself!
So that is what I will now do.
But it is actually much easier for me than it is for many of my colleagues. The guys that are going to Milano, to Munich, and to London are having a really hard time - only a few days to organise everything and no money for deposits etc.
The farewells are about over, and I am starting to get excited about the upcoming adventure in Florence!

No comments: