Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fruili DOC


Last weekend we hit Udine, close to Trieste for Fruili DOC. This turned into my first student outing since leaving university more years ago than I care to remember! We did explore the city a little, ably guided by some of the Udinese on the course, and we walked up to the castle to see the mountains (and the rather alarming sight of a whole bull on a spit, covered in tin foil slowly rotating!) But the rest of the day was a real student affair - spent in a variety of tents consuming the local wine. The night finished with a sobering lesson that I am no longer in Hong Kong. When I reached the stage of the evening when I would normally jump in a cab and be spirited home, we got a lift to the train station, dashed for the last train to Trieste. Chugged in about 1 1/2 hours later, then I walked home through the rain. I reached home at about 130am (a journey of around 2 hours from finishing the last drink.)
The lesson is to make sure your ipod is charged at all times! (and thanks to Massimo for the lift, and Francesco for sharing an ear of his ipod when mine died!)

No comments: