Monday, September 25, 2006

I stand corrected...


Thursday night was a lot of fun. And there was certianly no dallying this time. In fact, the meeting time was 8pm and by 801 we had drinks already 'while we wait for the others'! It turned into quite a party and made Friday a long day for many of the class!
One great learning point on Thursday was that aperitivi, when done properly, is essentially a free dinner.
We went to a bar in the Piazza Borsa and I ordered a glass of the best local Sauvignon. This cost Euros 1.50. The guys then told me to help myself to the food on the bar. This was not the peanuts and crisps of Hong Kong bars, but prawns and toast, fabulous olives, pizza, sandwiches and a huge variety of other snacks.
Apparantly we were missing out because we had arrived late. Andrea, who is from Venezuela but recently married to a guy from Trieste tells me that Cafe del Mar is the best for aperitivi, with free pasta, pizza and all sorts when you buy a drink. Kristina (from Slovenia) and I were puzzling over the prices - we are not sure how money can be made when the free tucker is so plentiful, but long may it continue! I may adopt the policy of aperitivi every night. It is certainly cheaper than cooking at home - and I get to have a glass of wine too!

No comments: