Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bus Jam

After the snow on Thursday, I caught the bus to school on Friday morning. Everything was going fine, apart from being loaded down with luggage for the upcoming ski weekend (which irritated a pensioner trying to get past no end) but as we climbed the hill towards the house where Ale, Luca and Massimiliano live, we stopped. And there we stayed for about 15 minutes.
Eventually we realised the problem. At the end of the road the bus has to turn right to continue the journey to school. But a car had parked across the exit of the junction and it was impossible for the bus in front of us to get around.
When patience ran out we jumped off the bus and went for a coffee - the first time I have seen a coffee bar run by a Chinese family since I have been here - and returned to the bus stop just in time to see the tow truck putting the car back in a more suitable spot. I imagine that there will be a huge bill for someone to pay, but my debt is mainly to my group who were waiting an hour for me to arrive.

No comments: