Monday, December 10, 2007

You can have anything... as long as its Schnitzel

In Germany this weekend we went to a restaurant on Friday night after the journey from hell. (Made a lot more bearable by my travel mate, caterer-come-stand-up comedian Jason, who had competed in the Florence Marathon thanks to Sharon Stone! Send me the pics Jason, and I'll write more!)
The Shilo Ranch is famous in Bad Lippspringe and the environs, they offer many things - as long as its Schnitzel! Mine came with cheese (a bit like a lublianska but cheese on the outside) and came with wine - when I asked what kind of wine it was, the waitress told me I could taste it very well... She was right! But I don't think Oz Clarke or Hugh Johnston or other wine writers would be tasting it very well in a hurry - not more than once anyway!

No comments: