Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another 5 mins...

A trip to Rome today for work.
Dubbed 'The Eternal City,' it seemed to have earned the name today for two reasons.
The first was the traffic - the city is snarled to a halt most of the time, and without Robberto, Gemma (my colleague)'s TomTom friend I am not sure we would have made it anywhere!
The other was the wait for the train. I was scheduled to leave at 1930, meaning that I would be back at the residence at a reasonable hour, even though it meant that I had to sacrifice dinner or drinks with Daniele, from MIB.
But at 1930 there was a delay of 5 minutes. Then another 5. Then another.
Without a seat, and with the hope that, at any minute, the train would leave, I waited and waited in front of the board to see when the train would actually be ready for boarding.
Finally at 2100 there was a platform and we chugged out of Termini station at 2105.
At which point the Capo Treno (like the conductor) made an announcement.
In which he welcomed all of us on the High Speed train to Florence!
I finally got back 2 minutes ago.

No comments: