Thursday, January 10, 2008

Building a life in Italy

After what has felt a little like a very extended and hard-working holiday, it is time to start building a life for real in Florence. So I am househunting, car hunting and friend hunting!
I am off again tomorrow afternoon to see an apartment that I have seen near Piazza Donatello. Its lovely and I hope for it to soon be mine!
On Saturday morning I will go to Marche again and this time see a car to buy so I can have wheels to dash about the place in. Fingers crossed.
In other news, the stairs at my apartment might be finished, and ready to climb.
I've been working long long hours, and am thoroughly exhausted. But it's an exciting time here in Italy for me. If, by mid February, I can have an apartment to live in, a car to drive and who knows, maybe even some friends here in town too, it will really be progress.
2008 promises to be an exciting year!

No comments: