Friday, October 06, 2006

Beautiful Barcolana


Its even colder here now - below 20 in the days I think - and we are starting to get out the winter woolies. There is also a medium to strong Bora predicted for Sunday, but the sun is shining and the visibility is 'flawless' according to the Meteo office. (I hear that this makes a change from the weather in Hong Kong, which is horribly polluted by all accounts at the moment.)
Lucy, my sister is here, and we will go to see the big yacht race in the harbour on Sunday morning before she goes back to London. http://www.barcolana.it/inglese/index.asp will provide more information.
It is also the birthday of Ciccio (Francesco) one of the guys in the class. He has organised a big party on Saturday - it is the tradition here which does not bode well for Sunday when its my birthday!
I will post some pics of the boats at Barcolana on Monday.
Happy Mid Autumn Lantern Festival to all Hong Kongers!

No comments: