Monday, October 02, 2006

Turning chilly

The temperature seems to have dropped today, quite dramatically. This unfortunately has happened on the day that Mum and Dad are here in Trieste (currently they are in the mountains near Austria), and on the day that my gas at home has inexplicably stopped working. I have also caught my first cold of the winter (and hopefully one of the last) and didn't much relish the cold shower this morning. I will have to get onto Acegas and try to sort this out. Maybe there is a simple explanation. I wonder if I have missed a note from the company.
This brings me onto the situation with the post. There are a lovely bank of post boxes on the wall in the lobby of the building. And the postman, as in Hong Kong, is expected to deliver the post to each apartment's box. The only problem is that the door to the building is solid. And il postino doesn't have a key. So post sometimes takes 7 working days after reaching the building to be delivered to me. The poor guy has to wait for the day when there is someone in to open the door for him. So post can take anything from 4 days to 3 weeks to reach me.
http://www.turismo.fvg.it is a link to the local tourist authority so that you can see what the region has to offer, other than Sprits and accounting!

No comments: