Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Haiiiiieieeeeeeeyaahhhhhhh!

(Kick, Left, Right, Guard up, Pause, Turn and Kick)
Jump a bit and do it again….

OK, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. It was, after all, only my first lesson of kickboxing. But there was jumping and kicking involved!

I was itching to get my mitts (bandaged with my friend Giulia’s spare set of these essential hand protectors) on a bag or something that I could actually punch, but instead I was with the beginners - we were close to shadow boxing and touching with our legs. I was paired up with a very tall girl called Paola – also very thin – so I was a little wary of overdoing the ‘touches’!

Giulia meanwhile was sparring happily with a guy at the other end of the gym. Now that I have seen how well she kicks, she might be deployed for any troublesome moments in our group projects!

The Italian lesson continued during the lesson. I forget the words for ‘drop and give me 10 push ups’ but I am sure it won’t take me long to remember – I plan to go again.

Maybe boxing gloves and shin guards will be on my Christmas list!

No comments: