Monday, October 16, 2006

There are worse places to study economics


This weekend has been full on studying. With the exams on Wednesday, the whole group has been hitting the books hard.
I have indulged my preference for economics by studying that most of the weekend, with the occasional foray into the Time Value of Money (an excuse to play with my new Financial Calculator) and accounting ratios.
On Saturday afternoon Walter texted me to see if I wanted to meet him to study near to the water in Barcola as the sun was shining. It didn’t take me long to say yes!
Barcola is the closest that Trieste comes to the beach. It’s essentially a boardwalk next to the Adriatic, which in the summer is jam-packed with towels and sunbathing Triestines.
At this time of year however, there is me and Walter with our towels and many books, one half naked girl catching the last of the sun in only her bikini bottoms (braver than me on so many levels!), and many joggers, families, friends and grannies out for a stroll.
We contended with the wind on Saturday – which was gusting strongly – but I hear it was only a 3/10 on the Bora stakes – I am getting more and more worried about this wind! – but on Sunday afternoon on our return visit, the wind had calmed down, and we were able to zip through most of the economics problems. We did have to retire to a bar (read coffee shop) to finish the last 2 chapters when the cold got too much for me.

No comments: