Monday, July 16, 2007

Lakeside revellry




Saturday night, a party by the lake in Bracciano, at Irena and Mo's house. Alex was out from the UK and we were celebrating a milestone birthday (he has a year of celebrations planned - the next one in Peru - way to go!). We spent a few hours in the afternoon turning the beach area near the lake into a Moroccon den, and as the night set in it looked amazing, billowing purple curtains, flaming torches and candles. I somehow managed not to take a single photo, but if I get some from Irena, I'll post them! til then, take my word for it, it was wonderful! Really TomKat missed out by heading up to the castle for their wedding - Irena and Mo can throw a party! We ended up with vin santo and biscotti curled up in rugs on the beach, before retiring to the house for a nightcap.
Sunday was spent lounging happily in various spots near the house before making the move lakeside. After a lovely lunch of leftovers I reluctantly got back in the car and came back. I hope to make it back before too long.
It was lovely to see everyone, and also of course Morty the dog, who has recovered 300% since I was last in Bracciano - great to see!

No comments: