Monday, July 02, 2007

Market research

When Florentine Annibale asked at work today where we were eating gelato in Florence, I had a feeling that a great recommendation was on the way. In fact, he recommended the place i had read about on the weekend on the New York Times website (since they recommended Da Pepe in Trieste, I take their review seriously.)
The place in question is walking distance from our residence - Badiani - a place that has been serving ice cream since 1933. In particular, it is famous for its Buontalenti (a registered trademark) like a richer sweeter vanilla. But I went with Annibale's suggestion of Chocolate and Orange, with chunks of dried orange chopped through - yum!
And I now know that Badiani is the exact distance from my apartment of one small cup of ice cream. Which makes me wonder how many ice cream cups I could measure the run that I plan for tomorrow morning in!

No comments: