Friday, July 27, 2007

Tramonto....






My Friday afternoon constitutional took me out and about near Palazzo Pitti, and then onto the bridge near to Piazza Ognissanti to see the sunset. It was a beautiful evening, and particularly at Piazza della Signoria where Davide had a rare moment of solitude with only his shadow for company. Poor guy, he is naked and vulnerable in millions of photos globally...
The sunset was amazing, but the comment of the day goes to the American lady taking a pic of the lion near the Boboli Gardens. 'Wow" she said 'they made a great lion'... I somehow think she has missed the point of all those years and years of architectural genius and history!
Whilst she gets low marks for cultural awareness, high marks go to the buskers who brought a piano-thingy, a cello and all the rest to make a bob or two. I have to confess to not giving them any dosh - I haven't been paid yet, and life is really tough right now! - but I took a picture all the same. The other busker near to the Duomo has a sign, 'Taking pictures doesn't feed my children'. I can only apologise.... when things get easier, I have an IOU with the impromptu chamber quartet!

No comments: