Wednesday, July 04, 2007

What goes up must come down, thankfully

Yesterday I decided that the time had come to restart the habit of running in the mornings again. Now that I am back to sedentary office life, and coming home tired after 730, a short walk is all the exercise I am managing in the evenings.
So, with apologies to Janet who lives in the room upstairs, I set my alarm for 6 and hauled myself out of bed at the crack of dawn.
As long-time readers will know, I used to go running in the mornings, and actually I really enjoy it. Its a great time of the day and nice to start the day by doing something that is just for you. The added bonus here in Italy is that the light has a beautiful quality in the mornings, and I can run seeing the houses (fantasy shopping - if I had a few million, which one would I like...?) and the olive groves.
The hills are steep, but the way down is surprisingly fast.
It was tough going this morning though - despite my early night. Its always worth it when you get out there, but when the alarm went off I was tempted to hit the snooze and turn over. Luckily, I know myself well enough, so I had put it on the other side of the room, meaning I had to get out of bed to turn it off. And then once you are up....

No comments: