Friday, July 13, 2007

Rooftop relaxation

Today I headed off into town for the Friday afternoon walk which has become a habit for me. I was pretty tired after the week gone by though, so when I spotted a sign advertising a rooftop bar in the La Rinascente department store, I figured I would go and check it out.
And its lovely! Reminiscent on the cafe at Peter Jones in London where you can see the roofs stretching into the distance, this bar is somehow even better. I am not sure whether this is because a) it is in Florence, b) you sit outside in the summer sunshine or c) because it affords the most amazing view down onto Piazza della Republica.
It's really special, and despite being a department store cafe, for me it has the edge over the much more exorbitant Hotel Continentale Sky Bar, that I tried with Sarah a few nights before.
So the Rinascente cafe is on the ever growing list of great places to go in Florence... I might publish the whole list in September, before I leave. But for now, I will carry on researching!

No comments: