Friday, November 16, 2007

Graffiti typos

There is graffiti everywhere in Italy. If you can look on it as a modern art form rather than a scurge of the cities and towns, so much the better - as its omnipresent.
My sense of direction is not so hot. I have been lost in places that I have been to a thousand times, and now I have learnt that also the graffiti can make a good landmark, as long as the boys with the paint to cover it up have not been on patrol.
I like, for example, the graffiti on the front of the trains - a modern art preclamation as they chug into the station at Campo di Marte in the mornings to carry me to the office at Castello.
Yet one of my favourite spots of graffiti right now is in Castello station itself.
It's not beautiful, certainly not the work of an artisan, but the proclamation of the (sic) "Worriors of Sesto - The Best" has me smiling every morning on the way to work.
I can only imagine what they are worried about!

No comments: