Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sex in the City (of Pisa + change)

After hours of photo taking at the Piazza del Duomo I needed a sugar hit. So I went to one of the tens of old-fashioned Pasticcerias that I had seen on the way to the Tower in Pisa.
Sitting down and tucking into a yummy cake, with a coffee and some water, I was flanked on one side by the Christmas tree - small but beautiful, it reminded me that I need to get my Winter hols sorted - and on the other by the Pisa equivalent of the Sex and the City gals.
OK, there were only 3 of them (maybe the 4th had a hot date) but the fact that they were at least 70 did not detract from the image of them being just like Samantha, Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte.
In hot pink (blonde hair), orange (ginger) and emerald green (black as night) the gals had mobiles on the table, were very particular about their pineapple juice (only if its freshly squeezed) and proceeded to discuss love lives, top restuarants and the habits of their friend Maria (WAY too saucy to talk about here, for want of my PG rating!)
All in all they were utterly fabulous, and I hope they didn't notice that in the whole time they were there I didn't even turn the page over in my book!

No comments: