Monday, November 26, 2007

Pea-Souper

Today the fog has descended on Florence and the place is reminiscent of Hong Kong during Chinese New Year.
I don't know what the humidity rating was today (very high!) but on the TV they said yesterday was 76%. Today the water droplets hanged in the air, any movement felt like rain, but it was just suspended water - a very very thick mist.
If you are not working, weather like this means that you snuggle under a duvet to watch a DVD somewhere, but when you are at work you suddenly feel inspired to do many jobs.
For me, it was time to put in a claim in the electronic system for petrol money frmo my trip to Marche 2 weeks ago. But I was not reigstered on the system.
The other thing I did was check the system to see how many coffees and lunches I had consumed (you pay electronically with your electronic badge and the funds are deducted directly at the end of the month - like a sports club in Hong Kong.) It was a good job I did check as the system, due to a glitch, has me down for 2 lunches and 10 coffees my first day in the office. It's true that I am hooked on coffee, but 10?? I have sent off an email asking for a control in the system....
If the weather tonight is anything to go by, tomorrow the fog shows no sign of lifting. It needs to rain, or we need a strong wind. Today's control would have saved me at least a few Euros. If the weather stays like this for the rest of the week, and I am able to recoup yet more funds, my planned trip to Trieste on Friday or Saturday could be self-funding!

No comments: