Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Mosquitos are like Tigers

My Chinese star sign is tiger - an animal admired for its strength and many in Asia comsider the tiger to be the king of the animals and not the lion, like in many other parts of the world.
Since I arrived in Florence however, it is clear that the king of the insects here is a kind of tiger - the tiger mosquito. Apparantly this tenacious little thing arrived from Asia a few years ago on a boat, liked it, and stayed.
I live near to the stadium in Florence, and was trying to profit from the location last night by opening the windows to listen to the Renato Zero concert for free. The concert was good, but this indulgence has managed to help me to create my own city of Tiger Mosquitos in the apartment. I imagine that they spend their time biting me, then flying around to recover ahead of the next nibble, and in the process laughing at the anti-mozzie device that I have plugged into the wall.
I have added 'Off' to the shopping list for the weekend!

No comments: