Monday, June 04, 2007

Rosita e Simo and Gardening

Saturday night in Sarnano, and a trip to the theatre to see the one woman one goldfish comedy Rosita e Simo. A play about a woman who is tired of life in Milan, so buys a goldfish and heads to the seaside - or rather Civitavecchia - the port outside Rome. There she finds herself living near ladies of the night in an ever more comical situation as she tells her friends back home that everything is rosy. It was funny and I was pleased that I could understand all the play, but felt bad for the actress as the theatre - already small - was not exactly full! I think that the subject of the play was perhaps a little racy for the octogenarian population of this town!
Yesterday I spent almost all of the day in the garden, tackling the roses which have gone crazy in my absence. They now look barer, but better, and the lawn looks like the remnants of an Indian wedding, as it is half covered in bright red petals. I still need to cut the hedge, and the grass, but some jobs will have to wait. Much to the disappointment of my patient neighbours, I have not yet entered the most beautiful garden competition that seems in full force down my street.

1 comment:

Hong Kong Merretts said...

Its true that the Goldfish Monologue can be a little saucy. Not naked Tosca? Very mainstream.

Jo - I've loved staying in touch via your fabulous blog. Do hope we can squeeze in a Saturday night in Cannes in mid/late June.

Let me know your new address in Florence once you have it.