Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fulin Market

In a week that has been mainly filled with work and thesis writing, one of the key developments has been the discovery of Fulin Market. Near Santo Spirito on the other side of the river, it is a small dark Chinese store, that stocks things that are tough to get elsewhere. I was delighted to find some really good ginger, coconut milk, some garam masala, and some of those chemical noodles in the red packet that you get on the ferries in Hong Kong, putting yourself at risk from the swollen seas as you carry them back to your seat with the boiling soup lapping at the sides of the polistyrene container! I have kept the receipt so I can go back for more Asian shopping.
This weekend as we carry on with the thesis writing marathon, my new Asian purchases mean that I can also rustle up some Thai curry to satisfy my craving for spicy food while I work.

1 comment:

SheR. said...

Hi!!!
A mate of mine forwarded this link to me. Can you tell me the directions to this Chinese supermarket? I'm located in Croatia. So it's really hard to get anything Asian here.

Thanks a million!!!