Friday, August 10, 2007

Rain stops play...

I spoke to DHL first thing this morning. The less than charming 'Customer Service Operator' informed me in a a furious voice that yesterday it was RAINING in Bergamot, so the workers were not able to get in to dispatch parcels. And what did I want her to do as it was clearly not her fault (nor mine, I added!)and that MAYBE the parcel would arrive on Monday. At lunchtime, or later.
But if I really wanted to know, I would need to call again.
At the time we were on the phone, it was also raining here, but nonetheless I was working. And keeping my fingers crossed for sunshine in Bergamot!
I see now that the parcel is in Ancona, only 1 1/2 hours from here. But there are clouds sitting low over the mountains at the moment... It might be a bad sign!
A bright point tonight I hope as there is a show on in Sarnano called Echoes of War, which will combine the fabulous Sarnano drumming troop with fire eaters and dancers. Its free and starts at 10pm, so I think Chris, Irene and I are going to eat at the medieval Taverna Della Luna first. Pictures to follow.

No comments: